Re: [linux-security] Things NOT to put in root's crontab

Philip Guenther (guenther@gac.edu)
Wed, 22 May 1996 23:16:53 -0500

Sean Vickery <S.Vickery@its.gu.edu.au> writes:
>Yes, the race condition in find can be eliminated, but your pseudocode
>does not do it.

Doh!  I knew I was missing something.  What's silly is that I had done
this correctly (lstat + fstat, and dev/ino comparison) in a program I
wrote last year.  Oh well...

>It would be nice if one could call fchdir(2) directly from perl, without
>having to go through syscall().

Perl's chdir, chown, chmod, and chroot should all behave like its stat
unary operator, accepting either an expression for a filename, or a
filehandle (or nothing for some of them).  I submitted an RFE to the
perlbug mailing list regarding this earlier today, right before writing
my previous bugtraq note...

Philip Guenther